Fraud and scams
Fraud and scams are a growing problem and fraudsters use a variety of different means to steal personal details or money.
You don’t have to become a victim. There is plenty of help and advice available to prevent you falling foul of these unscrupulous criminals.
The National Trading Standards Scams Team (NTSST) have created a website called Friends against Scams which has been designed to tackle the lack of scams awareness by providing information about scams and those who fall victim to them.
Friends against Scams training provides information about mail, telephone, internet and doorstep scams and frauds. This is use to both the public and organisations.
Information on other websites
- Derbyshire Police safety advice
- Victim Support (VS) is the independent charity for people affected by crime and traumatic events in England and Wales
- Action Fraud is the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cyber-crime where you should report fraud if you have been scammed, defrauded or experienced cyber-crime
- Derbyshire Scamwatch to help you spot and avoid the latest scams targeting your money
- Trusted Trader
- Take Five is a national campaign to help everyone protect themselves from preventable financial fraud - this includes email deception and phone-based scams as well as online fraud – particularly where criminals impersonate trusted organisations. Led by Financial Fraud Action UK Ltd (FFA UK)