Community safety introduction
This free two and a half hour workshop aims to introduce you to community safety issues in a practical and interactive way.
It covers the changing national perspective, will help you understand how community safety is addressed in Derbyshire and gives you chance to think about how your role fits in to the agenda.
It will also equip you with the tools to access useful community safety information with ease.
Who should attend the introduction?
All community safety partners and professionals who would like to know more about community safety, elected members and Derbyshire County Council staff (front line staff and line management – any department).
To see if this workshop is for you, contact Katya Bates, tel: 01629 538495, or Ali Chandler tel: 01629 538473.
What is covered?
You will learn more about the following:
- community safety
- community safety jargon explained
- national context
- incorporating community safety in all services
- community safety priorities
- local partnerships and their structures
- county wide and local initiatives
- what Safer Derbyshire is
- the work of the council's community safety unit
- the work of the Safer Derbyshire research and information team
- the Safer Derbyshire website
How to book
There is an online booking form to complete. If you would like more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org